Women with Attention Deficit Disorder: Embrace Your Differences and Transform Your Life by Sari Solden is a must read for any woman with ADD or ADHD.
“Disorganization causes the gifted and the well motivated to fail.” – Sari Solden
In Women with Attention Deficit Disorder, Solden explains how intrusive ADHD can be to a woman in her daily life. Women are trying to keep up with all of the demands placed on them: to be a good mom, a good employee, a good wife, a good daughter, and a good friend. In order to fulfill all of those roles, she must be helping, volunteering and taking care of those around her. When you have ADHD and you are disorganized, that can be very challenging.
The biggest impacts of ADHD are on Time, Money, and Stuff:
- Time – getting places on time, planning, prioritizing, sequencing.
- Sequential Steps – there may be difficulty figuring out what to do next or
what the next step in a task or project should be or how to plan for the
- Physical stuff – stuff all over the place leads to a feeling of confusion and
being trapped, almost as if your hands were tied together.
Don’t do this alone
- Find the support you need. Surrounding yourself with a community of people that understand how you feel and what your needs are can be very empowering.
- Knowledge is power. There are a lot of resources available to
best understand how your brain works.
- Learning new habits can be challenging. Don’t try to change
everything about your life in one week, or even one year. Pick one
thing at a time and start making small changes.
Women with Attention Deficit Disorder: Embrace Your Differences and Transform Your Life by Sari Solden is available on Amazon.
Download our full report here.
Looking for a way to stay motivated and get the support you need? Join The Maniac Within!
Weekly Office Hours. Every week we meet to talk about organizing. Strategy + Systems + Accountability = Organization and Productivity