Organizing a home is a big undertaking, but as you work toward achieving your organizational goals, you need incentives to keep going. One of the most important incentives to motivate you to work toward a more organized home is seeing progress. Sometimes, though, no matter how hard you work, you can’t see the progress right away. These quick organizing hacks can give you the sense of accomplishment you need to keep going:
Quick Kitchen Organizing Hacks
There are two quick steps you can take to make your kitchen look and feel more organized right away.
- Remove all the clutter from the outside of the fridge. Take down all the magnets, coupons, and other clutter that have probably been on your fridge so long you no longer notice it. That simple step will make your entire kitchen feel cleaner, more organized, and less cluttered.
- Clean off your entire dining room table (a centerpiece is OK). Even if you don’t know where to put everything yet, just add it to a bin or box and sort it later. Freeing your dining room table from clutter has a magical effect on your whole dining area and kitchen.
Quick Bathroom Organizing Hacks
When it comes to the bathroom, the quickest way to make it look more organized is to make sure it’s not cluttered, especially if it’s a small space.
- Hang a shoe storage back on the back of the bathroom door and store all of your toiletries in the pockets. This will remove much of the clutter from the bathroom counter and drawer or cupboard space.
- Use hooks or hangers for designated towel storage instead of allowing them to be draped over the shower door.
- Get rid of any toiletries you haven’t used in the passed six months.
Storage is the key to bathroom organization. MakeSpace has 42 bathroom storage ideas to help.
Quick Living Room Organizing Hacks
The quickest way to make your living room look more organized is to tackle the cords that are making it look messy. With DVD players, Rokus, and surround sound systems, there are normally cords everywhere. While we’d all love to hire a remodeling company to provide us with built-in, behind-the-wall wiring, most of us have to work with what we have. Instead, do simple things like hanging your strip so it’s up out of the way. Bundle the cords using plastic ties. (Hint: label all of your cords so that if you have to move them you know where they go).
Organizing can be a daunting task. These organizing hacks can help you get started, and we’re always here to help!